Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Roscoe's Room (redux)

I thought that today I could give a wider view of Roscoe's room, since we've made some changes since we last put up pictures of it (here and here). 

kids: Can you find Nolan Ryan?

On the way to work I thought about how much care we (mostly Alisha) are putting into preparing Roscoe's room before he comes home. Each time we go in it, we think of what it will be like to pick him out of the bed without wires or tubes attached, and to rock him to sleep in the chair, and to play with him on the floor.

That thought reminded me that Jesus is doing the same for us. He waits for us and anticipates our arrival, just like we are waiting for Roscoe. Just like Roscoe's situation, Jesus knows that some healing needs to occur in our lives before we are ready to go and live with him:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:1-6)

Lord, come quickly (Revelation 22:20). Roscoe, heal quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously I am on a commenting binge right now. I check the blog every day but don't always comment because I don't want to deal with the captcha thing.

    Anyway...the room looks great! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete