Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bouncing to Sleep

At night I usually get to the hospital around 5:30pm and then stay until Roscoe goes to sleep around 7:30-8:00pm (sometimes later). He'll usually be a little fussy or hungry when I get there, so we'll feed him and do some head/neck exercises or other "learning" activity. After he gets his Bosentan dose, he's ready to go to sleep, so I bounce him around while he's looking out of his window view. The window gives him a constantly changing picture to look at to keep his mind turning. Eventually he nods off to sleep.

In the videos below you may notice me glancing at the monitors for his heart rate. That's one of the ways I can tell he's really asleep without looking at his face. His waking heart rate stays around 150-170 beats/minute, but when he's sleeping it will drop to the 100-110 range. I make sure that he's sound asleep before I set him back, so we don't have to start the process all over again.


1 comment:

  1. Those videos are super sweet!

    The people in the background...talking about losing toenails...not so sweet.

    Love you three!
    Sleep tight, Roscoe!

    ReplyDelete