Sunday, April 6, 2014

Familiar View, New Perspective

I took this side profile picture of Roscoe a few nights ago ...

Does it look familiar?

This reminds me of 1 Corinthians 13:12 which says "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known". I'm not implying that Roscoe is the completion of the gospel / church (see v.10), but rather that it gives me another perspective (a rather literal one) on seeing "dimly" and seeing "face to face".

When looking at the ultrasound, I saw the rough outline of Roscoe's face. I knew that he had a nose, mouth, and forehead. I couldn't see the details of his nostrils, lips, eyes, or expressions until he was born. That helps me appreciate the cloudy view that Christians had in the first century when God wrote this passage through Paul. It also helps me appreciate the clarity that comes later and makes me wonder what details we should appreciate now that they couldn't see back then.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool to see the comparison! Cool picture(s).
    Love you, Roscoe!

    ReplyDelete