Friday, October 11, 2013

Our view of Dottie

Here are some pictures that give you an idea of how we sometimes have to view Dottie. As the NICU staff has learned Dotties patterns and behaviors, they've learned what keeps her comfortable. Unfortunately, she's often kept comfortable with lots of covers to keep her warm, and that makes cute infant photography difficult. Sometimes we have to peer through her blankets and tubes to see our daughter sleeping peacefully:




The nurses have said that she seems most comfortable sleeping on her stomach, which is funny because that's how I sleep most comfortably too. Chalk that one up to daddy.


I snapped this picture of Alisha watching Dottie. It is fun to just sit and stare at her as she moves, sleeps, and dreams:



4 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures!
    That last one made my eyes a little watery. You have two precious, beautiful girls, Shaun!
    And yep - I love to sleep on my stomach, too. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally teared up at the last one too. I haven't commended but I've been reading and praying. My Jack was in NICU for just 48 hours and even that was hard on me. Praying not only for Dottie's physical strength but for her parents' mental and emotional strength. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last one too! Makes me cry because it's so sweet and like all special pictures, is worth more than a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete