Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ultrasound Delay

The doctor told Alisha that the ultrasound had been delayed by a few hours to 11:30am today, so the update will hopefully be posted here by 1pm. Keep praying for great results with GROWTH and blood flow.

As a precautionary measure, Alisha will receive another round of steroid shots today and tomorrow. Since it's not in a critical situation like when she arrived at the hospital, the shots will be 24 hours apart. The doctors are doing this to spur the baby's lungs to grow regardless of the ultrasound results. From the sound of it, she'll receive these shots every 2 weeks until the baby is born (or until she reaches a "safe" point). Alisha is concerned that the steroids will inflame her arm rash, so hopefully that won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment