Sunday, June 1, 2014

Psalm 30

Last Sunday, someone led a song that was based on the last few verses of Psalm 30. I saw the note at the top of the page, and turned to read the entire Psalm to get more context while we sang. According to the descriptive intro that many bible versions have, it was a song that was sung to dedicate the house of God.

Of course with our current situation, looking at this song I saw Roscoe's story of salvation from death. Granted, we haven't made it safely through his story yet, but I hope that one day we can sing a song like this when we bring Roscoe safely to his own house. Just replace the word "enemies" with "infirmities" and just about everything fits ...
I will exalt you, Lord,
    for you lifted me out of the depths
    and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
 Lord my God, I called to you for help,
    and you healed me.
 You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
    you spared me from going down to the pit.
 Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;
    praise his holy name.
 For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning.
 When I felt secure, I said,
    “I will never be shaken.”
 Lord, when you favored me,
    you made my royal mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
    I was dismayed.
 To you, Lord, I called;
    to the Lord I cried for mercy:
 “What is gained if I am silenced,
    if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
    Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
 Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;
    Lord, be my help.
 You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

- Psalm 30:1-12



No comments:

Post a Comment